Saturday, March 7, 2009

Engine Time

We'll my engine decided to lose all oil pressure and start making noise :( , so after much thought on which way to go (Rebuild, replace or swap it out with a V8), I decided to go with replacing it with another 6 cylinder, but this one will have a little more power :).

I chose the 4.7L Stroker engine from ATK High Performance Engines with the following options:

  • Ported Head
  • Roller Rocker Arms
  • Aluminum Valve Cover, Oil Pan and Timing cover
  • Rods Upgraded with ARP Bolts

I also ordered the following equipment to bolt on the new engine:

I already have an HEI Distributor from CRT PERFORMANCE that I plan to re-use on this engine.

The new engine should put out around 300 HP and 350 lbs of torque with all of the upgrades, compared to the 112 HP and 210 lbs of torque the stock engine puts out.

The engine and all of the add-ons should be at my house in the next couple of weeks, with plans to have it done within a few days after receiving everything and I plan to take pictures and update this blog as I go, so check back, if you're interested.

0 comments: