Sunday, August 16, 2009

IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!

I fired up the new engine for the first time on 7/20 at around 9pm. I ran it long enough to bring the engine up to normal operating temperature and then I pulled it out of the garage and hooked it up to the Tahoe, so I could drop it off at the exhaust shop first thing Tuesday morning.

My first choice for Exhaust shops (Snohomish Exhaust and Transmission) in Monroe was busy, so I had to go with Dicks Tire Haus.
They (Dicks Tire Haus) told me to be back by 3pm to 4pm on Tuesday night and it would be ready to go, so I showed up around 4pm and they hadn't even started on it. I explained to them again that I need the jeep back by EOD Tuesday, because I was leaveing town in the morning and I needed the jeep.
They worked on it until around 7pm (two hrs past closing) and ended up only finishing one side of the dual exhaust, but it was drivable. Even thought they didn't finish they still charged me a whopping $472 dollars. What a rip off!!!
I drove it home and it ran great and sounded OK.
First thing in the morning I fired up the jeep and took off for downtown Seattle for work and about 15minutes into the drive it started getting really loud. I blew out the collector gaskets at the header. Dicks Tire Haus SUCKS!!!!
I was stuck downtown until 8/1 and I never fired it up while I was down there, but as soon as I got home I replaced the collector gaskets and took it to Snohomish Exhaust and Transmission and had them finish the exhaust and the did a great job at a good price.

As of now I have around 400 miles on the engine and so far it runs great and has a ton of power.
I towed it over to Moses Lake last weekend and ran it a little hard in the dunes and it did a fantastic job. I can't wait until it's fully broke in so I can really get on it.
The only issue I had was that I bottomed out the suspension a few times and smashed the exhaust up pretty good. I took it back to my friends at Snohomish Exhaust and Transmission and they fixed it up and gave me a few tips on how to fix it, so it wouldn't happen again.







0 comments: